You can do our programs without needing any equipment. However, if you train at home we do recommend:
- Dumbbells (2-5kg each to start). Note: A barbell is also a great addition but is not essential
- Medicine Ball (4-8 kg)
- Skipping Rope
- A portable step or flat bench
Most of the equipment can be found at the gym or easily purchased, but if you are unable to use these specific pieces, here is a list of substitute equipment:
- Dumbbells – It is difficult to find true substitutes for these, but two safe, heavy objects that you can grip will do. This could be bags or bottles filled with water, rice or even sand, food – get creative!
- Medicine Ball - Depending on the exercise, you could substitute it with dumbbells or a filled bag for a medicine ball.
- Skipping Rope - Unfortunately, there is no substitute for this, but you could always do 'air skips', especially if you are space restricted.
- Portable Step or Bench - Benches can be substituted for any flat, stable surface such as a stable chair, sturdy box, park bench or a low, wide wall.
When selecting substitutions, it is important to ensure that they are safe and secure prior to commencing your workout.